Roosevelt School Photographs

Images captured by Leonard Menzi date from the late 1920s to the early 1940s and document Roosevelt School’s history. Roosevelt School was constructed on the Michigan State Normal College campus in 1925, becoming the second laboratory school on the campus after Welch Hall. Roosevelt remained a laboratory school until 1969, when the Michigan State Legislature governed the dismantling of the laboratory school system. Menzi served as the faculty advisor to the school's photography club and as the school's principal.